Heating and Cooling Costs: looking to have a bit more control?
Heating and cooling costs are a major concern for any homeowner. Chances are, not everyone in your house will agree on the perfect temperature. The good news is, programmable thermostats have become more and more commonplace. At Brooks Heating and Air, we trust and recommend Ecobee programmable thermostats. Here are a few reasons why:
- Saving money. Heating and cooling costs are simplified with an Ecobee unit. Energy bills are rising throughout the world, and the best way to combat this is to reduce your energy usage. With a programmable thermostat, you can adjust the temperature to the exact point of your family’s comfort. Here’s a fun fact to note: for every degree you lower the temperature in the winter, or raise in the summer, your heating and cooling bills are likely to drop by 2%. With an Ecobee unit, you don’t have to keep your AC or heat on high while you’re away. You can create a schedule that follows your family’s routine.
- A consistent temperature. A huge plus of a programmable thermostat is their ability to help you maintain the perfect, consistent temperature throughout your home. Rather than cranking the AC up during a heat wave or blasting the heat during a snowstorm, your unit will run at a consistent level. Additionally, you can avoid major hot or cold spots in different areas of your house. This will keep your family and guests more comfortable.
- Less time adjusting. One of our favorite features of an Ecobee unit is the app you can use to control it. Installation of the thermostat is very simple, as is the app that controls it. You can adjust the temperature of your home from anywhere, not just at the unit itself, and not just while you are at home. Do you have family members that like to sneak the temperature up or down? You get to control who can and cannot change the temperature.
- Increase your home’s efficiency. A more efficient home can utilize its resources more effectively; your programmable unit keeps the temperature of your whole home at a consistent level. What this means for your furnace and AC units is longevity: less wear and tear means your unit will last longer.
- Keep your HVAC system optimized. Replacing an HVAC system can be expensive; one thing you can do to extend the life of your current system is to pair it with a programmable thermostat. Doing so will reduce the workload and help your system work at its best, giving you a little more time before you have to replace it.